Friday, April 12, 2013

Time to feel better

While I am on a spiritual journey to find my freedom (don't mis-read that, I am not walking away from Christianity, just trying to let go of the legalism that's crept into my life), I am also going on a physical journey. I weigh far more than most people would think I do, and I feel very fat. I don't hate what I see in the mirror, but I don't like it either. If I am going to live another 40 or more years, I have to get moving more. My arthritis feels better when I get moving, and my mood improves too. I was recently gifted a stationary bike, & it sits in the living room, quite conveniently. But still, I have gone days without using it. No more. If all I can do is 5 minutes at a time, I can still do that several times a day. And I will be. I will not be getting on the scale. I just want my clothes to fit better, and my body to feel better. Little changes like taking the stairs instead of the elevator and not trying to get the closest parking spot will add up in time.

My time will be spent reading my bible out loud (I get it much more so that way) and riding the bike. I'd even like to start taking the dogs on walks before our "spring" blooms into full blown summer heat. I just need to make it a habit. I left facebook for 12 days. I'm not longer in the habit of checking every 5 minutes to see if anyone had posted anything. Once a day, to check in on my friends and find articles I want to read, is all I need.




3 comments:

L. J. Lowe said...

I am absolutely loving my Faecbook break. It's one of the best choices I've ever made for myself. :) Remember to send me a friend request. I'll go in and add you again and get you back in my lists. :)

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely loving my facebook break-up too!! I am not planning to go back :)

It's great to see you blogging. I am not good at keeping up with blogs as a general rule but we'll see. Sending you positivity and love and motivation as you make your changes. All is well! Bea xx

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed. I am glad to see your blogging, too! I have finally deactivated my fb account again. I don't even like fb. It is like tv. I would rather do something interesting than read about it or watch it. I only had it on because I was told I needed it to be more visible for business in our ever-changing world. I don't need it now. And I hope to see you soon, and do something interesting with you and yours!