Saturday, April 6, 2013

Seasons change...

So, I'm going through a season change. I'm not really sure what I'll end up sharing here. I'm taking a Facebook break just to break the habit of going there to see if anyone has posted anything new. I'll go back, but I'll use it differently. I want what I share to have more substance, and I also really like keeping up with friends & family through photographs shared there.

Right now, my focus is on what part I will continue to play in my church, and what part it will play in my life. I've been an unchurched Christian before, & I'm not against being one again. Big changes are happening at our church, so I'm not making any final decisions at this point. I'm keeping my mind, and my eyes, wide open. So I'll probably do a lot of sharing about that journey.

I also want to get back into my photography. I see returning to photography as a "job" in my near future, so I need to get back to taking pictures everyday. I love it, and, if I may say so myself, I'm pretty good at it. I also have the student loan to prove I should be good at it. :)

My amazing son has been teaching himself guitar for about 2 years now, & he's really good at it. We all enjoy how music has brought us together. We're radical unschoolers (which most of my readers probably already know) and it continues to be an amazing journey through which we have all grown so much. I'm really looking forward to getting back to deep conversations with my hubby & my son, which has suffered from my misuse of facebook.

Spring is trying very hard to overtake our mild winter. Things are blooming in the warmth of the day, but we're still having chilly nights. It's south Louisiana, and we've had night temps this week in the 30s! I just hope summer doesn't take over too quickly. I want to do some gardening before it's too hot to go outside.



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes you are an awesome picture taker! We had the coldest March on record. It's finally 70!!!

Penny said...

I'm sure ours was close if not a record as well. Today was the first day of short sleeves without a flannel on top. It was a beautiful weekend.