Saturday, April 20, 2013

Is it weird...

to post on the internet that you are sick of the internet? I guess it's not really the internet. I'm just looking for something positive to read & not coming up with much. It's a mess in my brain right now. Really a mess. Weirdly so. I feel dull inside, not really empty or down or anything else. Just dull. These are the days I get nothing done. I'm frozen in nothingness. Then I run through the possible reasons of why. Hormones? Meds? Steroid eye drops? Too much "news"? Too many saved articles I want to read but never get to? Too much uncertainty within my church? Too much time stuck at home? Probably a bit of all of the above. I've been sleeping a lot, which causes strange dreams that mess me up for the day.

Okay, so I had to step away for about an hour. I don't feel any better. I hate this. It can probably be attributed to the steroid eye drops. Steroids really mess up my meds. But when I have a uveitis flare, I really don't have any choice. Oral steroids would be worse, or at least I think they would. I guess I really need to talk with my ophthalmologist about it. I only have 2 or 3 flares a year, but when I do, it's rough. And I have to wean off the drops over 3 or 4 days after the flare clears up (usually a week or less).

Anyway, if I wait til all is well to journal, I'll end up not doing it at all. And I need to get some of this out, even if only a few people (or none) read it.

Oh, here's something happy I can share. G, who hates to write, asked for post-it notes a few nights ago. Later I found this on his TV:



1 comment:

L. J. Lowe said...

Write for yourself. No worries about who reads it. It's for you.

I hope you feel better soon.