Monday, April 8, 2013

A good day

Sunday was a good day. I stayed home, but watched 2 church services (same speaker, different message). I enjoyed them. But it was really nice to do it at home. Church is about a 40 minute drive, and the volunteering I'd been doing required I arrive 40 minutes before the service began. And since Son was involved with a youth group service @ 9am, we had to be there @ 8:20 so I'd be on time. Then we'd stay for the 11:15 service so he could see that message too. The youth group usually sit together for this. So we'd be gone from 7:40am til about 2pm, factoring in the inevitable need to stop at WalMart for a few things. I'd be so tired, I'd conk out on the sofa & next thing I'd know, it'd be 6pm! Then the stress of calls to know "what's for dinner?". Then the "oh no! Does Hubby have clean clothes for work tomorrow" moment. It was just so nice to have that extra time with my guys.

I got up at 8:30, watch the 9:00 service, raked and blew leaves in the back & side yards. It was a beautiful day. I even transplanted a few potted plants. I got a lot of yard cleaning done. Hubby cut the grass yesterday, & today all of our neighbors did too. It looks and smells so wonderful out there. The birds are just devouring the seed as fast as I can refill the feeder. My humming bird feeder has been emptying quickly lately too. I need to snap a shot of those guys.


Amaryllis

1 comment:

L. J. Lowe said...

It sounds like a wonderful day you had. I love our Sundays now that we no longer attend anywhere. :)