Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring!

It's officially Spring. Many things have been blooming and the birds and squirrels are out in droves. It's been cool anyway, many mornings are still in the upper 40s. But I think we've finally reached the 60s - 70s consistently. Hopefully it'll stay here a while before full on summer 90s get here.


This is a lousy photograph. It's taken through a dirty window and fully zoomed. But I can't get past the color of this bird. It's just so blue! I don't think it's a Bluebird and it's not Blue Jay. It's beak & body actually look like a cardinal. But it's just so blue!

This is an Iris that found it's way under my Live Oak. A few years ago I noticed one & each year there are more and more. I counted 14 today. They bloom for a day, then re-bud and bloom again in a couple of days.

Yesterday I found my first hibiscus bloom. None of my hibiscus plants lost all of their greenery this mild winter, so I should have 5 or 6 months of blooms from them.

I bought a couple of hanging baskets of petunias & they are still blooming like crazy. Tomorrow I will separate and repot them. Hopefully they'll keep blooming after that stress.

This year, I added a bird feeder to our tree near the house so I can enjoy it from the computer. For the most part, I've seen squirrels at it (which is fine to me). I'll often see Cardinals at the base of the tree eating seeds that the squirrels have dropped. But today I caught a Woodpecker at it.

Our dogs are really enjoying the weather too -




No comments: