Monday, April 8, 2013

Letting go a little

For the past several months, I have been a prayer partner at my church. If you're unfamiliar with that term, I was one of the people at the altar available to pray with anyone wanting prayer after service. It's something I take very seriously. But I see now, I got there before I was ready. I'd often feel unhelpful or struggle for the words to pray. It was something I wanted to do, because I know how much it helped me when I'd been the one needing prayer. But as time passed, I felt less prepared to do it, rather than more. It's not where God wants me. So today, I sent off my resignation email, praying for no negative responses. My leader sent back the nicest, most gracious note of understanding and thanks. I feel so at peace with this decision. I want to spend more time praying and learning about God and less time thinking about church. I still plan to attend, but this will allow me to spend more time at home with my love.




2 comments:

L. J. Lowe said...

:)

My love was my main reason for quitting.

Bwahaa. The captcha that I have to enter to send this comment says... noworkie. Well, well, well. :)

Penny said...

:)